Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
A tasty beefy breakfast skillet.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (1/2 pint)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- Eggs, fried to your liking (amount depends on how many people you are serving)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef, onion powder, rosemary, sage, thyme, marjoram, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Cook until browned, then drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add ½ tablespoon olive oil and onions.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the diced potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, season salt, pepper and kosher salt.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and the remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the potatoes in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add the spinach and cook for about 1 minute, or until the spinach has slightly wilted.
- Add the potatoes and beef back to the skillet and stir to incorporate.
- Place the fried egg on top of each serving and enjoy!
Recipe was developed by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife for The Florida Beef Council.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/05/beefy-breakfast-skillet.html