Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- ⅔ c. butter, softened
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 c. flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- (4) 4 oz cups any flavor MUSSELMAN'S Healthy Picks Apple Sauce
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- In large mixer bowl beat butter to soften.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in flour, cinnamon and baking soda, mixing well.
- Stir in oats.
- Press ⅔ of mixture into 13" x 9" baking pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine apple sauce, raisins and walnuts.
- Spoon evenly over dough in pan.
- Crumble remaining dough over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut into bars.
Recipe Source- Musselman's
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/05/chewy-fruit-bars.html