|Asian Beef Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 23 mins
A wonderfully light salad with marinated and grilled Flank Steak tossed in a vibrant Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 8 cups Spring mix lettuce
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- ½ cup crunchy chow mein noodles
- 2 cups mandarin oranges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil until combined.
- Pour into a gallon zipper bag.
- Place flank steak in bag, press air out and seal tightly.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 4-6 hours.
Dressing (Can be made a week in advance)
- In a blender, add garlic, ginger, sugar, soy sauce, orange juice and rice vinegar.
- Pulse several times.
- With blender on, add oils in a slow stream.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- Preheat grill for at least 15 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Remove flank steak from marinade and place on grill; discard the marinade.
- Grill flank steak for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the flank steak across the grain into thin strips.
- Mix together spring mix and broccoli slaw.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing.
- Portion into 4 equal servings.
- Top with chow mein noodles and mandarin oranges (about 6 oranges per salad).
- Evenly divide the flank steak strips on top each salad.
Recipe was developed by Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife for The Florida Beef Council.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/05/asian-beef-salad-with-citrus-vinaigrette.html