Author: Leslie Green- The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Pancake Sausage Bites. Cooked sausage balls delightfully fried in a pancake coating served with a cream maple dipping sauce.
- Peanut Oil or Canola Oil for frying
- 1 package Johnsonville Sausage Patties(8 ct), original recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk + 2 Tablespoons
- 1 /2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Heavy cream
- Place about 2" oil in a sauce pan and heat to 350
- Place the sausage patties in a medium bowl.
- Break them up so they are no longer formed.
- Reform into about 22 1 1/2 teaspoon sized balls.
- Place the sausage balls in a large skillet over medium heat and cook for about 15 minutes, turning often.
- Remove and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bisquick ,sugar and cinnamon.
- Whisk in the vanilla, egg and milk until smooth.
- Pick up a cooked sausage ball with a toothpick and dip into the batter, completely cover the sausage with batter.
- Carefully lower into the oil and fry for about 1- 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate
Creamy Maple Dipping Sauce
- Pour the maple syrup into a small bowl and add the butter.
- Microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Remove and stir to incorporate the syrup and butter.
- Add the heavy cream and stir.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/04/pancake-sausage-bites.html