|Crusted Pork Tenderloin ($10 Meal) |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Moist and tender crusted pork tenderloin served with sautéed spinach and sweet baby carrots
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- ½ cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mustard (preferably Dijon)
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz pre peeled baby carrots
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- To Make the Pork
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a shallow dish, like a pie plate, mix together the bread crumbs, salt,pepper, dried rosemary and garlic powder.
- In another shallow dish, mix together the egg and the mustard.
- Coat the pork with the egg mixture then coat with bread crumbs
- Place the pork on the prepared baking sheet and spray the top with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145.
- To make the Spinach
- Wash and dry the spinach and remove the long stems.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the spinach, salt and pepper, cook for 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- To make the Carrots
- Place the carrots in a pot, cover with water, cover with a lid and boil for 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- In the pan that you cooked the carrots, melt the butter and add the brown sugar and
- Add the carrots back in and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
*Price estimate does not include pantry staples you may likely already have. Prices are also adjusted for quantity; for example if a recipe calls for half an onion, we include the cost of that quantity.*
Recipe Created for Sweetbay Supermarket by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife.
Photo by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/04/crusted-pork-tenderloin-10-meal.html