|Beef Lettuce Wraps with Fried Rice |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Beef Lettuce wraps served with fried rice for $10
- 1½ teaspoon oil, divided
- 8 oz. portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 oz.) package Mongolian Beef Seasoning Mix
- ¼ cup carrot (1/2 large carrot), chopped
- 1 head Boston bibb lettuce
- 2 scallions, chopped, divided
- ½ cup crispy chow mein noodles (wide style)
- 1 cup Hannaford white rice, cooked to package directions
- ¾ cup Hannaford Frozen Peas and Carrots (from 16 oz. package), thawed
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix the Mongolian Beef Seasoning and ¼ cup water together in a small bowl and
- set aside.
- Over medium heat, add ½ teaspoon oil to a medium skillet
- Add the mushrooms and carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside
- In the same skillet, cook for meat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain
- Place the meat back into the skillet and add the mushrooms, carrots and Mongolian beef seasoning. Stir to incorporate and cook until heated through.
- Separate the lettuce into 8 “cups”.
- Divide the filling into each cup. About ⅓ cup per piece of lettuce.
- Sprinkle with 1 scallions and crispy chow mein noodles.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Add the thawed peas and carrots and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until carrots are softened
- Add the eggs and quickly stir until cooked.
- Add the cooked rice and stir to combine.
- Stir in the soy sauce and 1 scallion.
- Season to your liking with salt and pepper
*Price estimate does not include pantry staples you may likely already have. Prices are also adjusted for quantity; for example if a recipe calls for half an onion, we include the cost of that quantity.*
Recipe Created for Sweetbay Supermarket by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife.
Photo by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/03/beef-lettuce-wraps-with-fried-rice.html