|Creamy Pesto Pasta with 4 cheese Italian Sausage |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
An easy creamy pesto pasta make with 4 cheese Italian sausage.
- 16 oz Rigatoni, cooked to package directions, reserve ¾ cup cooked pasta water
- 1 pck. Johnsonville 4 Cheese Italian Sausage
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon prepared jarred Pesto (5 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup Kraft Parmesan Cheese
- 5 Basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, pesto,parmesan cheese,basil and pasta water. Set aside
- In a large skillet with a lid, cook the sausage per package directions.
- Remove the sausage and set aside. Do not clean out the skillet.
- In the same skillet you cooked the sausage, add the olive oil and onions, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until the onions become soft.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to pop.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Slice the sausage into medallions and add to skillet with the onions, tomatoes and garlic.
- Add the cooked pasta and ricotta mixture. Mix together.
- Sat and pepper to your desired taste.
If the sauce is too thick, you can always add a bit more water.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/03/creamy-pesto-pasta-with-3-cheese-italian-sausage.html