|Chicken and Zucchini Roll-Ups ($10 Meal) |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
Chicken stuffed with zucchini and cheese makes a delicious $10 meal.
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, 3 breasts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 cup My Essentials 4 Cheese Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 box Hannaford Rice & Vermicelli Mix Chicken Flavored, cooked to package directions
- 1 bag (16 oz.) My Essentials Frozen Green Beans, cooked to package directions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Add the zucchini, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove the zucchini mixture and allow to cool while you prep the chicken.
- Place the chicken in-between 2 pieces of plastic and pound the chicken to 1/4” thickness.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, onion powder and garlic powder in a shallow plate.
- In another shallow plate whisk the egg.
- Add the cheese to the cooled zucchini, mix and evenly divide over the chicken breasts.
- Roll the chicken breast up into a roll and secure with toothpicks.
- Roll the chicken into the egg and allow excess to drip off.
- Roll in the bread crumbs.
- In a medium oven proof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into coin shaped and serve with the rice and green beans.
*Price estimate does not include pantry staples you may likely already have. Prices are also adjusted for quantity; for example if a recipe calls for half an onion, we include the cost of that quantity.*
Recipe Created for Sweetbay Supermarket by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife.
Photo by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/03/chicken-and-zucchini-roll-ups-10-meal.html