|Chocolate and Raspberry Beggars Purses |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 6 mins
- Peanut Oil
- 3 square wonton wrappers
- 3 fresh raspberries
- 3 teaspoons chopped Scharffen Berger Chocolate, your favorite flavor,divided
- Scharffen Berger Sweetened Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- In a saucepan, pour in about 2 inches of peanut oil.
- Heat to 350.
- Fill raspberry with as much chocolate that will fit. Put the rest of the teaspoon of chocolate in the middle of the wonton.
- Place the raspberry on top of the chocolate.
- Dip your finger in the water and rub the water along the outside edge of the wonton.
- Fold the wonton wrapper up around the raspberry and pinch together. Use more water for glue if needed.
- Repeat with the other 2 wontons.
- Carefully drop the wontons into the oil and fry for 1 minute or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on the paper towel.
- Dust your serving plate with the sweetened cocoa powder.
- Place the wontons on the plate and then dust with powdered sugar.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/03/chocolate-and-raspberry-beggars-purses-giveaway.html