Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
A deconstructed Shepherds Pie
- 4 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1/3 cup Hannaford Frozen Peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup Hannaford Frozen Carrots, thawed
- 1/2 cup Hannaford Frozen Corn, thawed
- 1 packet (.87 oz.) Hannaford Brown Gravy Mix, cooked to package directions
- 1 cup My Essentials Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Wash and prick the top potatoes with a fork about 5 times.
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave on high for 25 minutes or until fork tender
- In a medium skillet cook the ground beef until no longer pink in the middle, drain.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add the oil, peas,carrots and corn. Cook for 5 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Return the beef to the skillet with the vegetables. Add the gravy and cook for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Partially open the potatoes and evenly divide the beef mixture over each potato, top each potato with 1/4 cheese.
*Price estimate does not include pantry staples you may likely already have. Prices are also adjusted for quantity; for example if a recipe calls for half an onion, we include the cost of that quantity.*
Recipe Created for Sweetbay Supermarket by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife.
Photo by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/03/beefy-baked-potatoes.html