|Avocado Aioli Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries ($10 meal) |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
A delicious Hamburger with a spicy aioli sauce and avocados serves with sweet potato fries all for $10
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 4 Sweetbay Supermarket Bakery Sesame Hamburger Buns, toasted
- 2 oz. Hannaford Colby Jack Cheese (1/4 block), sliced in thin slices
- 4 leafs Red Lettuce
- 1 Small Tomato,sliced
- 1 Avocado, pitted, removed from skin and sliced
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 small Sweet Potatoes,washed (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- ½ tablespoon Lemon Juice(the juice from ½ lemon)
- 4 drops Hot Sauce
- Pinch of pepper
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, hot sauce and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- The aioli can be made a day in advance.
Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat the oven to 450
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thin french fry shaped sticks.
- Place them in a bowl and toss with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange them on the prepared baking sheet so they are not touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking.
- Form the ground beef into 4 equal sized patties.
- Season with desired amount of salt and pepper
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the hamburgers for about 4 minutes per side or to your desired doneness.
- Add the cheese to the tops during the last minute of cooking to allow it to melt.
- Spread the top of each bun with 1 tablespoon aioli.
- Place a piece of lettuce on each bun.
- Add a slice of tomato
- Add the hamburger.
- Top with the avocado slices.
- Add the bun with the aioli to the top.
Sweet Potato Fries will not be as crunchy as a regular french fry.
The hamburgers can also be cooked on an outdoor grill.
*Price estimate does not include pantry staples you may likely already have. Prices are also adjusted for quantity; for example if a recipe calls for half an onion, we include the cost of that quantity.*
Recipe Created for Sweetbay Supermarket by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife.
Photo by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/02/avocado-aioli-burgers-10-meal.html