|Texas-Toast Sloppy Joes ($10 meal) |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Texas Toast Sloppy Joes
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 Small Onion, finely diced
- ½ Small Green Pepper, finely diced
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ¾ cup Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon White Vinegar
- pinch Red Pepper (cayenne pepper)
- 1 package Hannaford 5 Cheese Texas Toast (8 slices), cooked to package directions
- 1 package (8 ct) Hannaford Frozen Corn on the Cob, cooked to package directions
- ¼ cup My Essentials Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Add the oil to a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Add the green pepper and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until softened. Remove the onion and green pepper and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the ground beef until no longer pink in the middle. Drain
- Add the cooked beef, onions and peppers back into the skillet, and add the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, white vinegar and red pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over 2 slices of Texas Toast and 2 ears of corn.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese over each Sloppy Joe
*Price estimate does not include pantry staples you may likely already have. Prices are also adjusted for quantity; for example if a recipe calls for half an onion, we include the cost of that quantity.*
Recipe Created for Sweetbay Supermarket by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife.
Photo by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/02/texas-toast-sloppy-joes-10-meal.html