Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
A delicious and easy Spaghetti and Meatball recipe
- ⅓ cup Regular Olive Oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1½ Spanish Onion, Finely diced
- 2 (28 oz) Cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Beef Bones (ask your Butcher if you cant find them)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½-3/4 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Large Handful Basil, Chopped
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 4 ounces dried bread crumbs
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces whole milk
- 6 ounces grated Romano
- 3 ounces grated Spanish onion
- 2 ounces finely diced fresh garlic
- 2 ounces finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 ounces finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- In a large pot, over medium heat, add the olive oil. Add onions and cook them until they begin to brown.
- Add the garlic and beef bones and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine, allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
- Add meatballs during last ½ hour of cooking. Just prior to serving, stir in basil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in large bowl. If mixture seems a little loose add more bread crumbs.
- Roll meatballs loosely about the size of a golf ball and place on baking sheet. Place into preheated oven for about 35 minutes. Remove and add to sauce if desired.
- Serve over your favorite pasta
Meatball recipe from The Food Network
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2009/11/spaghetti-and-meatballs.html