|Light Chicken Parmesan with Pesto Pasta ($10 Meal) |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Lightened Up chicken Parmesan with Pesto Pasta
- 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup Hannaford Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup My Essentials Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- 8 oz. (1/2 box) Hannaford Gemelli Pasta, cooked to package directions
- 1 0.50 oz. packet Dried Pesto Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 16 oz. package My Essentials Frozen Green Beans, cooked to package directions
- 1 loaf French Bread
- Salt and Pepper for additional seasoning
- ) In a shallow dish mix together the flour, pepper, salt and Italian Seasoning.
- Coat each piece of chicken with the seasoned flour.
- Over medium heat, in a large skillet, heat the oil.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, and cook for 8 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the middle.
- In a small saucepan mix together the dry pesto mix, milk and oil and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute or until heated through.
- Toss the pesto sauce with the cooked noodles. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Slice the chicken, pour on the pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the chicken over noodles and serve with green beans and bread.
*Price estimate does not include pantry staples you may likely already have. Prices are also adjusted for quantity; for example if a recipe calls for half an onion, we include the cost of that quantity.*
Recipe Created for Sweetbay Supermarket by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife.
Photo by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/02/light-chicken-parmesan-with-pesto-pasta-10-meal.html