|Lemon Pepper Chicken Skillet ($10 meal) |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 55 mins
A delicious one pot meal, lemon pepper chicken skillet.
- 2 lbs. Skin-On Chicken Thighs, about 5 thighs
- 1½ tablespoon Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 28 oz. package of multi colored potatoes, cut in half (Tasteful Selections Sunrise
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 small Zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 Lemon, cut in 8th’s
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Toss the chicken thighs in 1 tablespoon oil and season lemon pepper
- Preheat a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, fat side down and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toss the potatoes, onion and zucchini in ½ tablespoon oil and season with salt and
- Cook the vegetables over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Place the chicken over the vegetables and squeeze the lemon over the chicken, add the lemon to the pan.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until the juices run clear or the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 180.
*Price estimate does not include pantry staples you may likely already have. Prices are also adjusted for quantity; for example if a recipe calls for half an onion, we include the cost of that quantity.*
Recipe Created for Sweetbay Supermarket by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife.
Photo by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/02/lemon-pepper-chicken-skillet-10-meal.html