|Browned Butter Roasted Banana Bread |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 stick salted butter, browned
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large very ripe Bananas,roasted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray TWO 8" x 3¾" x 2½" pans with non stick spray
- In a mixer bowl, mix browned butter, sugar,vanilla and roasted bananas until mixed thoroughly.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each one.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- Incorporate the flour and buttermilk into the banana mixture. Start by adding a little butter milk, mix, then add some flour, then mix. Do this until all of it is gone.(Always start and end with the flour).
- Fold in the walnuts and blueberries.
- Divide evenly into the pans and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut with a serrated bread knife.
Makes 2 loaves.
To roast bananas: Place bananas(with peel on) on foil and roast in a 350 oven for 20 minutes.
To brown butter: Place butter in a pan and cook over medium heat until it starts to brown and become fragrant.
To toast walnuts:Preheat oven to 350, arrange walnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/08/browned-butter-roasted-banana-bread.html