|Sautéed Vegetable and Chicken Pasta |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
A delicious sauteed vegetable and chicken pasta with a light sauce
- 8 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium Red Onion, sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pound Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- Juice of one Lemon
- 9 oz. Spinach
- 14.5 oz Barilla Plus Multi Grain Pasta, cooked to package directions
- In a medium bowl, add the chicken, 1 tablespoon oil, salt,pepper, Italian Seasoning and rosemary. Toss to incorporate and set aside.
- In large 12" skillet over medium heat, add the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 8-10 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sautee onions and mushrooms until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes ,zucchini and squash, cook until the tomatoes start to pop open a bit.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken and any juices that accumulated in the bowl back into the pan.
- In a large measuring cup, mix together the chicken stock, corn starch and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken stock mixture to the pan and bring to a light boil until it thickens to your liking.
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt down.
- Add the cooked pasta, stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Use a BIG 12" skillet....This make A LOT of food!
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/08/sauteed-vegetable-and-chicken-pasta-giveaway.html