Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Valentines Jello Hearts
- 4 (3oz.) boxes Strawberry Jello
- 2 envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 5 1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (14oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup cold Water
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the 4 packages of Strawberry Jello.
- Mix in 4 cups boiling water and stir for about 2 minutes, or until dissolved.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a medium bowl add the 1/2 cup cold water and sprinkle the gelatin over the top, let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups boiling water and sweetened condensed milk, mix well and allow to cool.
- Remove the firm red jello from the fridge and invert onto a cutting board.
- Re-spray the same 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
- With a heart cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the jello. Take care to cut them as close together as possible to reduce waste.
- Arrange the hearts in the pan.
- Pour milk mixture over the hearts and place in the fridge for 2 hours until firm.
- Remove and cut into squares.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/02/valentines-jello-hearts.html