|Slow cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Caramelized Onions |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours 5 mins
No need to go to a BBQ restaurant . Just toss some chicken in a slow cooker, cover in BBQ sauce and you are ready to go!
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 18 oz jar BBQ sauce
- 2 large onions,thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 hamburger rolls, buttered and toasted
- butter for hamburger rolls
- Place the chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover with BBQ sauce
- Cook on high for about 5 1/2 to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred on cutting board.
- Return to the crock pot and incorporate the shredded chicken with BBQ sauce
- Distribute onto toasted buns and top with cooked onions
- Place the 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot with a lid.
- When the butter is melted, add the onions and cover.
- Cook on medium low for about 45 minutes, covered stirring occasionally.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-pulled-bbq-chicken-sandwiches.html