|Meatball Stromboli ($10 meal) |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Italian Meatball Stromboli with tomato and cucumber salad.
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- ½ cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 11 oz. tube Refrigerated Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Hannaford Pizza Sauce, divided
- 1½ cups My Essentials Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ head Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Cucumber, chopped
- 1 Roma Tomato, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, Italian seasoning,
- salt and pepper.
- Form the meat into golf ball sized balls.
- Over medium meat, add the oil to a large skillet.
- Cook the meatballs over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning over half way through
- the cooking time.
- Place the meatballs on a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool slightly and slice in half.
- On a greased cookie sheet unroll the pizza dough.
- Spread ½ cup pizza sauce over the pizza dough.
- Arrange meatball slices over the dough in 3 rows.
- Spread the cheese over the meatballs.
- Roll the dough lengthwise so you have a long roll.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ½ cup pizza sauce for dipping and simple Romaine, tomato and cucumber salad.
*Price estimate does not include pantry staples you may likely already have. Prices are also adjusted for quantity; for example if a recipe calls for half an onion, we include the cost of that quantity.*
Recipe Created for Sweetbay Supermarket by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife.
Photo by Leslie Green – The Hungry Housewife
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/01/meatball-stromboli-10-meal.html