|Fried Cream Cheese and Guava Hand Pies |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
Fried hand pies made with refrigerated biscuit dough, filled with sweetened cream cheese and guava preserves.
- 1 Tube refrigerated Flakey Biscuits, 8 count
- 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Softened
- ¼ cup(s) of Sugar
- 1 Small Jar Guava Preserves
- 1 Egg White, beaten
- Peanut Oil for frying
- Powdered Sugar for Garnish
- In a medium pot, heat about 4 inches of peanut or canola oil to 350.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Flour your work surface.
- Roll each biscuit into a 8 inch circle.
- Place 2 table spoons of the cream cheese mixture onto the middle of the biscuit circle.
- Place 1½ tablespoons of the guava preserves in the biscuit circle.
- Brush some egg white onto the outer edge of the biscuit.
- Fold the biscuit over.
- Seal it with or fork or firmly pinch the edges together.
- Fry in batches of 2 for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Drain them on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/01/fried-cream-cheese-and-guava-hand-pies.html