Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Oreo Truffles with a minty center
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 8oz. block Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 2 bags Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Place the entire package of Oreos into a food processor.
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until all of the Oreos are finely crushed.
- Add the softened cream cheese and blend again for about 15 seconds or until completely incorporated.
- Add the Andes baking chips and blend for about 5 seconds.
- Roll the "dough" into golf ball sized balls and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Place them in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- To melt the chocolate, place the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and cook in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between each 30 seconds. Continue this until the chocolate is smooth. About 2 minutes.
- With 2 forks, dip each truffle in the melted chocolate, remove and place on to the lined cookie sheet.
- When done dipping all the truffles, place them into the fridge until the chocolate is set.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes about 33 truffles.
You can make these without a food processor. Just crush the Oreos in a Freezer gallon zip lock bag in several batches. Your cookies might get as finely crushed though. Then mix the cream cheese in with a blender.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2011/12/oreo-peppermint-truffles.html