Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 3 mins
Total time: 18 mins
Peppermint Pretzel Bark makes a perfect holiday snack.
- 16 oz. White Chocolate (4 bars), chopped, divided
- 2 oz. Semi- Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 cup roughly chopped Salted Pretzels
- 4 Candy Canes, Chopped
- Line a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan with non stick foil. Or spray the foil with no stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, melt 12 oz. white chocolate by placing in the microwave and heating in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between each interval. This usually take 1 to 1 1/2 minutes depending on your microwave.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in the melted shortening and the remaining 4 oz. white chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the candy canes and pretzel for sprinkling on top.
- Stir the remaining candy canes and pretzels into the white chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of the candy canes and 2 tablespoons of the pretzels on top.
- In a small bowl melt the semi-sweet chocolate for about 1 minute, cooking in 30 second intervals.Stir until smooth.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate into a zip lock bag and snip a tiny part of the corner off.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the white chocolate.
- Place the bark in the refrigerator for several hours to to firm.
- When completely firm, cut into desired shapes.
- Store in a covered container in a cool dry place
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2011/12/peppermint-pretzel-bark.html