Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds..a delicious snack
- 3 cups pumpkin Seeds, seeds from 2 large pumpkins
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon course Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- To clean the pumpkin seeds, separate them from from pumpkin and rinse them in a strainer.
- Pour the pumpkin seeds on a large baking sheet and allow to dry in the open air for several hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- In a measuring cup, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Mix the olive oil, salt and pepper into the melted butter.
- Pour the butter mixture over the pumpkin seeds and stir to incorporate.
- Pour the pumpkin seeds on a large baking dish.
- Bake them for 40 minutes, stirring every minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
If you prefer, you can omit the overnight drying time. However, allowing them to dry out gives them a delicious crunchy crunch!!!!
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2011/11/roasted-pumpkin-seeds.html