Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
A cheesy BBQ chicken that will sure have you coming back for more!
- 4 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 1 onion, caramelized
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce(or homemade)
- Cheese( I used the Cheddar, Colby jack shredded cheese blend)
- Place chicken breasts in large zip lock bag and pour enough BBQ sauce in bag to cover the chicken.
- Marinate them in the fridge from about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broil HI, with rack 4 inches from heat
- In a large oven proof skillet( I used my trusty cast iron skillet), over medium heat, add the olive oil then sautee chicken until mostly done, about 4 minutes per side.
- Pour some BBQ sauce over chicken.
- Place desired amount of onions on the chicken.
- Cover with cheese(how ever much you want)
- Place bacon on top.
- Place pan in the oven and broil until the bacon has crisped up, about 5 minutes. Or until the chicken reads 165 on a instant read thermometer.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2009/02/bbq-cheesy-chicken.html