|Loaded Baked Potato Skillet Hashbrowns |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 12 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 27 mins
A loaded Baked Potato in a skillet hashbrown form.
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 box Hungry Jack Premium Hashbrown Potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Open the Hungry Jack Hashbrowns and fill it with hot tap water. Close the container and allow to sit for 12 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, remove onto a plate lined with a paper towel. Reserve the grease in the skillet.
- Crumble the bacon when cool enough to handle.
- Drain the excess water from the hashbrowns.
- Pour the hasbrowns into the skillet with the bacon grease.
- Mix in the salt and pepper.
- Cook the hashbrowns over medium high heat, until your desired crispiness, stirring occasionally. I cooked mine for 10 minutes.
- With a spatula, flatten the hashrowns into the skillet and cook for a few minutes so the bottom will get crispy.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle on cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives.
If you are unable to find Hungry Jack Premium Hashbrowns, you can use 1 pound of the brand of hashbrowns you have on hand.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2011/09/loaded-baked-potato-skillet-hashbrowns-winner.html