|White Chocolate Cherry Cookies with Macadamia Nuts |
Author: Leslie Green-The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 22 mins
Total time: 37 mins
A deliciously crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside cookie.
- 8 oz (2 sticks) butter, softened but still cold
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
To Toast The Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place the nuts onto a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until they start to turn golden and you can start to smell them
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and both sugars just until incorporated.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar and again mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in the cherries,chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Portion out the cookies into 2 oz portions (about the size of a large cookie scoop). Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Cover and place in the fridge for several hours. I always leave mine overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place the chilled cookie dough balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing.
These cookies are best when they are slightly undercooked in the middle. They will set up once cooled and this will allow for a chewy cookie.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2011/07/white-chocolate-cherry-cookies.html