It’s been a while.
I have crawled out of my hole to share a super duper easy recipe with you.
Peaches are sweet and delicious right now, but I can only be heathy so much by eating one in it’s natural state. To set the record straight, I have been eating about 2 peaches a day, either in my smoothies or just cut up, so it’s only fair that I throw caution and my thigh size to the wind and make a peach dessert.
I completely understand that I will be getting death threats about how I prepare my Peach Cobbler. You see, true peach cobbler has a biscuit topping. Well, I don’t like biscuit topping on my peach cobbler, so you can take your hate mail and shove it where………
Yeah, so Peach cobbler isn’t as pretty without being dolled up with a scoop of ice cream.
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Corn Starch
- 2 Lbs. Peeled, pitted and sliced Peaches , about 7 peaches
- ½ cup Flour
- ⅓ cup packed Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Table Salt
- ½ stick Butter
- ½ cup Pecans Chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butter a 9x9 pan.
- In a large bowl, whack together, white sugar, brown sugar and corn starch; toss in peaches until peaches are covered with sugar mixture; set aside.
- To make crumb topping
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the butter.
- With your hands, squish the butter into the flour/sugar mixture until it comes together.
- You will know it is thoroughly mixed when the mixture stays together when squeezed in your hands.
- Mix in pecans.
- To add to your dish, Squeeze in your hands and then crumble on-top of your item.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is browned. You can lightly place foil over the top if the topping is browning too quickly.