What screams summer? Well besides ice-cream?
Salad. Yep, you’re correct. Salad.
Sure, salads are good and all, and Cobb Salads are the bomb diggity ; but I wanted something a little out of the ordinary.
I took the traditional ham and/or turkey out of the mix and replaced it with oven roasted shrimp. Soooo Yum.
- 5 oz. bag Mixed Salad Greens
- 4 Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs, hard boiled, Diced
- 2 Avocados, diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 6 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup Blue Cheese, crumbled
- ½ lb. Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Davidson's Safest Choice Egg Yolk
- ½ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- ⅓ cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp,olive oil and Old bay.
- Place shrimp on a rimmed sheet pan in a single layer, roast for 8-10 minutes until pink.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place vinegar, garlic, shallot, mustard,egg yolk, salt and pepper in a blender; pulse several times.
- While on a medium low speed, add the oils in a slow drizzle and blend until smooth and emulsified.
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens with desired amount of salad dressing, place on a large platter.
- Arrange the eggs, avocados, tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese and shrimp in an appealing way.
I know, that some of you might be a little freaked out by the egg yolk in the salad dressing.
Egg yolks make salad dressings wonderfully creamy.
There is no need to worry about any contamination from the raw egg yolk.
I used Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs, which are pasteurized. And by gently pasteurizing the eggs, this kills any harmful bacteria that may be lurking. Pasteurized = Peace of Mind™.
I am proudly a member of the Davidson’s Safest Choice™ Eggs Darling Dozen Ambassador Program. This post is sponsored by Davidson’s Safest Choice™ Eggs, however all opinions are 100% mine.