Quick post for you today, because I am dreaming of this cake!
Remember my FABULOUS trip to California for Dole Summit 2014?
Well, they made this absolutely amazing Dark Cherry Buttermilk cake that was CRAZY GOOD.
Not too sweet, just sweet enough to curb my ridiculous cake sweet tooth!
And the plus…only 200 calories per slice! Yeah, I’ll take that!
- Organic canola oil cooking spray
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- ¼ cup no Trans fat margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 cups frozen Dole sweet cherries, do not unthaw
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat ½ cup sugar with margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk slowly, combine until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pan and arrange fruit on top of batter.
- Sprinkle fruit with remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar and bake for 20 minutes until cake is golden.
- Cool for 10 minutes and invert cake onto plate.
- Cut into 8 pieces and serve warm.
- Note: May substitute other Dole frozen fruit such as berries or sliced peaches
Recipe from DOLE
Don’t forget about the Dole Cookoff!!!! There is still time to participate. Click here for details!