Oh heavens me.
I can not even begin to explain to you how DELICIOUS and EASY this dinner is.
When I say delicious, I mean to say like an explosion of flavor in your pie hole.
And when I say EASY, I mean, there is no mixing, no stirring…really, you basically do nada to prepare this. Prep time is maybe 30 seconds.
All you need is a 3 pound chuck roast, a dry ranch seasoning packet, butter and a dry au jus gravy mix, a few pepperoncini peppers, oh and a bit of water.
THAT’S IT. You plop it all in your slow cooker in the am and when you get home, dinner is DONE.
FYI-For people who do not like ranch flavor. This tastes NOTHING like ranch dressing.
If you are sensitive to salt, you might find this on the salty side, but not too salty. I like salty. If you can find low sodium ranch packets and low sodium au jus, I’d say go for it. But again, I like salty, so I am totally fine with it. And no one who has tasted this has complained that it is ‘too’ salty.
This recipe of course will never take the place of my all time favorite Pot Roast recipe!!
- 3 pound Chuck Roast
- 1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1 package of Au Jus Gravy Mix
- 4 tablespoons unsalted Butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 6 Pepperoncini Peppers, whole
- ¼ cup water
- Place the chuck roast into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch and au jus over meat.
- Toss in butter and pepperoncini peppers
- Pour water over meat.
- Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.