I have been looking for Meyer Lemons for years here in Tampa, and could never find them.
Who knew that Tampa was so behind the times?
Well, I was shopping the other day and saw these bright orange lemon shaped fruits, I looked at the sticker and they were MEYER LEMONS.
You have no clue how excited I was, I bought them all. Granted there was only 8 of them, but they were allll mine. I don’t like to share..started in Kindergarden with my Crayons.
- 2¾ cups Sugar
- Zest from 2 Meyer Lemons
- 3 sticks Salted Butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted Cake Flour
- 6 Eggs
- ½ pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1½ teaspoons Lorann Butter Vanilla Bakery Emulsion or 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted Powdered Sugar
- ½ stick Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Meyer Lemon Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325. Butter and lightly flour a 10″ Bundt Pan.
- Put sugar and lemon zest in a bowl, using your fingers, roll the sugar and lemon zest in-between your fingers. This will release the oils from the zest and essentially make a lemon scented sugar.(the sugar will have a light yellow/orange color)
- Sift cake flour, then lightly spoon 3 cups flour into a small bowl;set aside.
- With an electric mixer in a large bowl, combine the sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs to the sugar/butter mixture one at a time, beating well in between each egg.
- Mix in flour and whipping cream alternatively beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in butter vanilla bakery emulsion or vanilla extract.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a cake tested comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire cool rack and remove the pan.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- In a medium bowl, beat the powdered sugar and butter together.
- Stir in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Mix until smooth.
- If for any reason it is not at the pourable constancy, you can add a tiny splash of milk or cream.
- Pour glaze over the top of the cake.
- This cake can be make up to 3 days in advance. I think it is Wayyyyyyyy better the next day!
Recipe inspired by SwansDown.com
Affiliate link to Amazon.