Candied almonds make the best little snack.
You know what else they make?
PERFECT Holiday Gifts.
All my kids teachers will be getting some this year.
After they devour the sweet crunchy little nuts, they can keep the mason jar.
I mean, who doesn’t love mason jars?
Aside from the nuts being ridiculously easy to make, packaging them up all cute is also a snap.
All you need is 8 mason jars, some scrap book paper(design of your liking), tags and some twine.
Use the lid from the mason jar and use it to trace a circle.
Cut it out and place it on top of the lid before you screw on the metal screw band.
Write a little note on the tag and tie with some twine around the lid of the mason jar.
And your done. Ready for gift giving.
- 1 lb. Natural Almonds, shelled
- ⅓ cup Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- ⅓ cup White Sugar
- 1⅛ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Regular Table Salt
- 1 Egg White
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Maple Extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil or regular foil sprayed with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, white sugar,cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until nice and bubbly.
- Add the vanilla and maple extract to the egg white and whisk again until frothy.
- Pour the almonds into the egg whites and mix to incorporate.
- To the almonds and egg whites add the sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour out onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Allow to cool completely before packaging.