Please, please, please don’t be intimidated by the bags of dry beans you see in the grocery store.There is nothing to them. Dump them in a bowl, cover with water and soak overnight. Then pop them into a pot, cover with water again and boil for about 1 1/2 hours-2 hours. Really, it’s all hands off time.
So next time you are at the store pick up a bag of Hurst’s Beans.
My next recipe for Hurst’s Beans is an easy meatless dip using the protein power packed Pinto Bean.
It’s an easy dip that you can just layer on a regular plate for easy serving. No digging out that 9 x 13 pan.
Cha’cha’ check out my other recipes using Hurst’s Beans….
- ½ package Hurst's Pinto Beans, reserve flavor packet for another use.
- 2½ tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 2 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup Black Olives
- Dipping chips of choice
- 3 Avocados,halved, seeded and peeled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 teaspoon Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- Rinse beans until water runs clear. Sort through beans and discard any pebbles or debris. In a large bowl, cover rinsed beans with about 3″ of cold water; soak overnight.
- After soaking, place beans in a large soup pot with 8 cups of water. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 2 hours, or until beans are tender. Add water during cooking if needed.
- Drain beans. Place in a medium bowl.
- To beans, add taco seasoning and salt. Mix until incorporated and the beans are somewhat mashed.
- Spread the beans out onto a dinner sized plate.
- Layer with guacamole(recipe below), sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and black olives.
- Serve with your chips of choice.
Giveaway *****CONTEST CLOSED*****
ONE winners will win
$50 Giftcard to their Grocery Store of choice
6-pack Sampler of Hurst’s Beans
Open to US residents only.
Contest ends Tuesday December 17th 9 am EST
Winner will be chosen by Random Org.com
1.) What is your favorite bean.
(For EACH additional entry, you must leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH ADDITIONAL entry,extra entries not required)
2.) Like THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Facebook
3.) Follow THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on twitter
4.) Tweet using this.. $50 grocery store GC & @hurstbeans #Giveaway from @hungryhousewife go to http://tinyurl.com/png44by
5.) Post about this giveaway on your Facebook Page using this tag The @hungryhousewife and @hurstbeans are having a beans and $50 Grocery Store Gift Card #GIVEAWAY go visit http://tinyurl.com/png44by
6.) Subscribe to THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE via email
7.)Like Hurst’s Beans on Facebook
8.)Like Hurst’s Beans on Twitter
9)Like Hurst’s Beans on Pinterest
**I have been compensated for recipe development, however opinions are 100% mine.
Updated Dec 17th..Winner