So I suppose, I’m getting up there in age…
I realized it when I was at Disney for Foodie Blog Forum and I said to my son, I hadn’t ridden Space Mountain in like 25 years.
When I said those words, I thought, Oh my gaud, It’s happening, I bet my kids think I’m old.
And my theory was proven correct yesterday when my 10 year old son and I had a conversation.
Me..” Do you think Britney Spears is Pretty?”
Son..”Ewww, Mom, Britney Spears is OLD. She’s old Mom!”
The tea that I was drinking few out of my nose.
Britney Spears old????? No, can’t be. So I ran over to my computer to check the numbers.
Wikipedia states that her birthday is December 2, 1981. She is THIRTY ONE.
So I am posting these AMAZING easy to make Toasted Coconut Popsicles while I go out and get a face full of Botox, a Mommy Tuck. etc….the full “Joan Rivers” if you will.
I am 38, so that make me a haggity old hag in the eyes of my 10 year old son.
Seriously, make the popsicles. They are yum. I kept drinking the liquid before they were even frozen. And once they are frozen, biting into the popsicle and into the chewy toasted coconut is heavenly.
I use the Tovolo Popsicle Molds
- 2 cups Whole MIlk
- 1 13.5 can Coconut MILK
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut, toasted
- Brig to a boil in a medium sauce pan the milk, coconut milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Even distribute toasted coconut into the bottoms of popsicle molds.(I did 1 tablespoon each).
- Pour the liquid into each mold and place in freezer until frozen.