What up peeeeople?
Dontcha know it’s Dreamfields 3rd Annual Pastapalooza Pasta Salad Celebration?!
This year it is all about turning your favorite dinner dish into a pasta salad.
It can be done with just about anything.
One of my most favorite dinners is the simple and healthy, Chicken Caprese.
Delicious chicken topped with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella,basil and drizzled with sweet balsamic glaze.
Now, deconstruct that and add some healthy Dreamfields Pasta. Um, it’s divine.
This Chicken Caprese Pasta Salad is perfect chilled and is great for picnics, brunches and parties.
You know what I adore about Dreamfields pasta,other than it being delicious?
It only has 5 grams of digestible carbohydrates with a 65% lower glycemic index than traditional pasta.
Dreamfields GI is 13
Normal Pasta’s GI is 38
Those numbers are HUGE for those with Diabetes!
My brother-in-law has type 1 Diabetes and has to be very on top of his diet, especially carbs.
And because Dreamfields has such a low glycemic index, this means a lower blood glucose rise after eating this pasta, this all equals better blood glucose control! Believe me, that’s A BIG deal to diabetics!
And because the folks at Dreamfields are a bunch of awesome people they want to give one of my readers a whole big ol’ CASE of pasta!
GIVEAWAY ****CONTEST CLOSED***
One winner will win one CASE of Dreamfields Pasta
Contest ends Thursday, July 25th 9 am EST.
Winner chosen by Random.org
Winner has 72 hours to claim prize
Open to Continental US residents only
Main Entry (required)
1) What is your favorite pasta dish?
(For EACH additional entry, you must leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH ADDITIONAL entry)
2.) Like THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Facebook
3.) Follow THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Twitter
4.) Tweet using this..GIVEAWAY. Win a CASE of Dreamfield pasta from @hungryhousewife & @healthypasta visit http://tinyurl.com/pzcbl2n
5.) Post about this giveaway on your Facebook Page using this tag..GIVEAWAY Win a CASE of Dreamfield Pasts from @hungryhousewife & @dreamfields visit http://tinyurl.com/pzcbl2n
6.) Subscribe to THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE via email.
7.) Like Dreamfields on Facebook
8.) Like Dreamfields on Twitter
9.) Follow Dreamfields on Pinterest
Be sure to visit some of my other friends contributions
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Kosher salt
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1½ lb boneless skinless Chicken Breast
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ tablespoon Grapeseed or Vegetable Oil
- 1 box Dreamfields Pasta, desired shape, cooked to package directions
- 10 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella Balls
- Balsamic Glaze for drizzle
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil,lemon juice,balsamic vinegar,salt and tomatoes;set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the grapeseed oil to a large skillet and cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the chicken.
- Add the cooked pasta in the bowl with the oil, vinegar and tomatoes; toss to coat.
- Add in the sliced chicken, basil and mozzarella balls;toss to coat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired.
**I have been compensated for my time, however all opinions are 100% mine o’ mine**