The Best Potato Salad…them are some fightin’ words.
Well, I am going to go out on a limb and claim, that this is the Best Potato Salad in alllll the land.
Lemme, break it down for you.
Potatoes, garlic, bacon, black olives,eggs, green onions, real mayonnaise and the star of the show…BACON GREASE.
I went all old school with this recipe. I mean back in the day, bacon grease was saved in a coffee can and used everyday. Quite possible the reason life expectancy wasn’t too long back then.
But it’s potato salad, you’re not going to eat it every day, so suck it up and clog your arteries will ya?
I took this to work and was told it was indeed was the best potato salad ever eaten, so my claim is 100% bonafide.
- 3 lbs. Baby Red Potatoes(not peeled), cubed
- 8 oz. Bacon
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 5 Eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 1 3.8 oz. can Sliced Black Olives
- 3 Scallions, green parts thinly sliced
- Bacon Grease, saved from the pan
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain and put the potatoes in a large bowl
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp, remove to a plate lined with paper towels. Crumble bacon when its cool enough to handle..
- Turn the heat off the skillet, add the garlic to the bacon grease and cook (the grease will still be hot enough to cook the garlic) for 1 minute.
- Pour bacon grease with the garlic over the potatoes, mix to incorporate.(yes, use all of the bacon grease)
- Mix in mayonnaise, mustard,eggs, black olives, scallions and bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
So do you think YOU have the BEST Potato Salad in all the land??? Better than mine?
Do you want to win TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS and a trip to Vegas? Um- hello??YES!
Well, whip it up and enter it into the Reser’s America’s Best Potato Salad Challenge. You have till July 12th at 5pm PST to enter.