If it were up to me, I would have salad every night for dinner.
It doesn’t happen often since my kids don’t like salad.
So when I ship them off to friends houses, I always make a nice salad full of fruit, and some protein.
Strawberries and blueberries are both in season right now, take advantage of it and make your salad colorful.
Oh, and don’t grab a box of pre-made crusty, break your teeth croutons, just open your freezer and pull out the Eggo® Waffles.
Yep, this is another recipe I developed for my duties as an Chief Waffle Officer.
Thick and Fluffy Eggo® Waffles, cut up, seasoned and pan fried in a bit of butter and extra virgin olive oil.
Uh, huh. I turned a waffle into a crouton. It was kinda a no-brainer.
I hope you have already submitted your recipe to the Great Waffle Off contest! You could win $5K.
- 1 5 oz. bag Lettuce mix
- 6 large Strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup Blueberries
- 3 slices Deli Chicken, thick sliced
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry Vinaigrette, or your favorite dressing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Kellogs Eggo Waffles Thick and Fluffy, cut into bite sized pieces, and thawed
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together, lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, chicken and salad dressing.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil.
- Add garlic clove and waffles.
- Sprinkle in Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Saute waffles, stiring occasionally until the edges turn golden brown.
- Add more olive oil if the pan becomes too dry.
- Toss the croutons with the salad
For Giveaway Rules, click HERE
Contest ends Thursday April 13th at 9 am EST
One Winner will win the following
One “EGGO® WAFFLES WEEK OF WAFFLES GIVEAWAY”:
one Eggo™ Expand-O Waffle Holder
one Eggo™ Warm N’ Pour Syrup Container
one Waffle Tote Bag, and
one Collection of Eggo™ Recipes and Images
Main Entry (required)
1) What is your favorite Eggo® Variety
(For EACH additional entry, you must leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH ADDITIONAL entry)2.) Like THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Facebook
3.) Follow THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Twitter
4.) Tweet using this..For a fun Eggo GIVEAWAY from @hungryhousewife visit http://tinyurl.com/c9hjoy5
5.) Post about this giveaway on your Facebook Page using this tag..For a fun @Eggo GIVEAWAY from @hungryhousewife visit http://tinyurl.com/c9hjoy5
6.) Eggo on Facebook
*I have teamed up with Kellog’s Eggo® Waffles for Waffle Week, all opinions and recipes are 100% mine.