Was it wrong that I had these for breakfast?
I mean, there are 2 Eggo® Nutri-Grain Waffles in there…and fruit….and dairy.
That equals a balanced meal.
Aside for being beautiful photos(yes, I’m tooting my own horn), these super easy strawberry shortcakes are a cinch to make.
No biscuit making, which cuts out ohhhhh, about a hour of prep time.
So if you are having a serious sweet-tooth or a hankering for some strawberry shortcake, look no further than your freezer for your Eggo® Waffles.
It certainly has been fun being a Chief Waffle Officer..we still have 2 more days left. Yahhhhoooo.
Make sure you go to the Eggo® Facebook page and enter your recipe into the Great Waffle Off Contest!!!
- 4 Nutri Grain Eggo Waffles, toasted
- ½ pint Strawberries, about 15, lightly mashed
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1½ tablespoon sugar
- Place a medium bowl and the mixers to your electric beater in the freezer.
- Mix mashed strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until some juices have been released from the strawberries.
- Remove the bowl and beaters from freezer.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and sugar.
- Starting off on low, begin to whip the cream.
- Slowly increase the speed and beat until thickened.
- Place one Eggo on a plate and top with whipped cream and strawberries, add the other Eggo and repeat.
*I have teamed up with Kellog’s Eggo® Waffles for Waffle Week, all opinions and recipes are 100% mine.