Don’t you wish the more food you ate the skinnier you would get?
Wouldn’t that be fabulous? Seriously FAB-U-LOUS.
I mean, they can come up with medicine that cures AIDS, but we still all cant be skinny?
Let’s step it up medical scientist people.
Or, how about a pill that makes food taste bad. That would be acceptable too.
You see that’s my problem, I just love the way food tastes..and then I eat it.
Imagine doing what I do, developing recipes and constantly having to have enough will power not to shove my face with 2 cupcakes. It’s kinda stupid.
So I am trying to change my eating habits. Trying to think that I don’t need to get “full” from cupcakes, I just need a taste to satisfy my craving.
It sucks and it’s hard.
Oh and I am sooooo tired of hearing from people who have been skinny their whole lives saying, “Oh, all you have to do is eat in moderation and you can eat anything you want, it’s easy.”
I want to punch them in the face with a cupcake.
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you’ll know I turned to Weight Watchers for some weight loss help.(I’ve lost 8.8 pounds since April 8th)
It puts food into perspective. Gives me accountability to write my food down and actually see what I am eating.
I am sure you are wondering how I tested these cupcakes for quality control……..
I took a bite and spit it out. That is the most will power I have ever had in my life.
- Yellow Cake Mix
- ⅔ cup Flour
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 very ripe Bananas, mashed
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ⅔ cup Cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 1½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake mix, flour,sugar and salt.
- Add in eggs, buttermilk,oil and vanilla extract. Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add bananas and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fill cup cake wells ⅔ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Melt butter
- Stir in cocoa
- Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter,vanilla and salt until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time and beat until smooth.
- Add milk one tablespoon at a time for desired consistency.
- Fill 2 piping bags fitted with your favorite tip, one with chocolate frosting and one with peanut butter frosting.
- Alternately pipe the chocolate and peanut butter frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Top with the banana slice immediately before serving.