I love love love Spring Holidays. They just scream brunch and mimosas.
And what must every brunch have?
Easter and Mother’s Day are incomplete with out a rich and delicious quiche.
If you have never made it before, quiche is extremely easy to make, it’s affordable and can easily be served at room temperature.
Again, I used Libby’s® canned veggies.
They are convenient and cost effective.
Can you imagine thinly slicing all of those potatoes on the top of the quiche?
Noooo, thanks. Their canned potatoes are already perfectly sliced!
I also wanted to let you know of some fun Libby’s® news.
Libby’s® Fruits & Vegetables will make the meal planning process a little easier with their new Digital Recipe Box, an application only available on Facebook.
The Digital Recipe Box will house more than 100 recipes using Libby’s® products and allow you to share recipes with your Facebook friends, as well as “like” favorite recipes and print them out for future reference. The app makes it easy to plan meals by dish, ingredient or type of gathering.
The recipes held in the Digital Recipe Box will also be featured on Libby’s® brand new Pinterest page.
Within the Libby’s Label Pinterest boards, you will also find ideas for family activities, tips to help maintain your home and nutrition advice.
- 1 9″ rolled refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Red Onion
- 8 oz. Cooked Ham, diced
- 1 can Libby’s Naturals Sweet Peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 5 Eggs
- ⅔ cup Half & Half
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Parmigiano- Reggiano Cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cans Libby’s Sliced Potatoes, rinsed
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Unroll the pie dough into a 9″ tart pan with a removable bottom and press up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add the olive oil to a medium pan.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent and soft.
- Add the ham, peas, garlic and thyme and cooked until ham is heated through. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly whisk together the eggs, half & half and the pepper.
- Evenly spread the mozzarella and ¼ cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese over the pie crust.
- Add the ham and pea mixture over the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Arrange the potatoes on the top in a circular pattern.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper and the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese over the potatoes.
- Place the quiche on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
GIVEAWAY RULES *******CONTEST CLOSED********
Contest ends Thursday March 28th 9am EST
Winner will be chosen by Random Org.com
Contest open to US residents only.
ONE WINNER will win
A variety of Libby’s® Fruits and Vegetables Products
Le Creuset® 10.5 Oblong Ink Grill Pan
(Required, only ONE entry required to win)
1.) What is your favorite veggie.
(For EACH additional entry, you must leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH ADDITIONAL entry)
2.) Like THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Facebook
3.) Follow THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Twitter
4.) Tweet using this..Go visit @HungryHousewife for a @Libbystable giveaway. http://tinyurl.com/cd755tx
5.) Post about this giveaway on your Facebook Page using this tag http://tinyurl.com/cd755tx
6.) Subscribe to THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE via email.
7.) Follow The Hungry Housewife on Pinterest.
8.) Follow Libby’s® on Pinterest
9.) Like Libby’s® on Facebook
And there you have it, a total of 9 entries for you
** I was compensated for recipe development however all opinions are 100% mine**
Winner of the Libby’s Contest.