Ohhh, I love me some egg salad.
I could probably eat it every.day. forever and always.
But like everything else, if you have it every day for the rest of your life, you might get sick of it.
Soooo, It’s always good to know how to mix it up your egg salad recipe a lil’ bit.
There was an avocado and a jalapeño sitting on my counter and the light bulb went off……
Mexican Egg Salad.
Then I thought I would probably get some hate mail, claiming I was racist or something ridiculous like that, so I went more politically correct and Southwestern Egg Salad was born.
Can I possibly say Egg Salad One.MORE.TIME?
- 8 eggs
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon White Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Avocado, diced
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, add cold water and eggs.
- Bring to a boil, Cover and remove from heat. Allow to sit covered for 13 minutes. Drain and place the eggs in a large bowl of ice water for 10 minutes.
- Peel and coarsely chop the eggs.
- Place the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the jalapeño, green onion,cilantro,mustard,cumin,chili powder,onion powder,and vinegar, stir to incorporate.
- Stir in the mayonnaise.
- Fold in the avocado.
- Put in a covered bowl and place in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.