We all get in a dinner rut.
You take your meat out and just stare at it.
And stare and stare…
I mean it’s chicken, you can do a gazillion things with it, but you just have a blank stare.
Happens to me allll the time with chicken and ground beef.
To spark a little creativity, all you have to do is look in your pantry.
Move the Shake and Bake aside.
Look for flavors that go together.
Do you have pasta? Check.
So we have chicken and pasta, but what flavors.
I spotted some artichoke hearts that I bought for no reason at all like 6 months ago.
And thats where the flavor building begins.
I just so happened to have some sun dried tomatoes and I always have lots of olives on hand.
And there you have it….dinner. Greek Chicken Pasta.
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ½ tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ tablespoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 oz. Linguine, cooked to package directions
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 7oz. jar Sundried Tomatoes,drained and chipped
- ¾ cup Greek Kalamata Pitted Olives, chopped (about ½ 6oz. jar)
- 1 12oz jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup Chicken Stock
- 8 oz Feta Cheese
- Mix together the marinade ingredients.
- Add the chicken to a gallon zip lock bag and pour in the marinade.
- Marinade in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, but not more than 2 hours.
- In a large 12” skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and cook the chicken for about 6-8 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- To the skillet add the sundried tomatoes, olives and artichoke hearts. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice and chicken stock.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta.
- Slice the chicken and add to the pan, also add any juices that have accumulated on the plate.
- Toss everything to coat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with Feta cheese.