I got bowed down to over these cookies.
Seriously, like on knees and arms waving up and down to the floor…the whole shebang.
Now keep in mind, I do bring all my baked goods to work for my co-workers to indulge on.
And these simple Peanut Butter Cookies is what I get such praises for?
I’ll take it.
You see the peanut butter blossom cookies with the Hersheys Kiss in the middle all the time during Christmas.
Well, just swap out the kiss for a Dove Heart.
Viola, instant Valentines Day cookies that are obviously worth an big fat, “I’m not worthy” bow.
Oh, here is a big tip. Make sure you have several size Cookie/ice cream scoops on hand for your baking endeavors.
Using them insures all of your cookies, cupcakes etc. are all the same size.
I used this one…..1 1/2 tablespoon.
- 1¾ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1¾ cup Flour
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 2 8.87oz. packages Dove Milk Chocolate Silky Smooth Heart Promises, unwrapped
- Granulated Sugar, for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or non stick foil.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the brown sugar and butter together.
- Mix in the peanut butter,milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour,baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- Form into 1½ tablespoon balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on baking sheet about 1″ apart and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently press one Dove Heart into the middle of each cookie and place back into the oven and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookies sheet for 2 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool on a cooling rack completely.