In my professional opinion, Crumb Topping is the best-est of the best.
In essence, it’s just flour,sugar and butter, but when baked, it turns into little nuggets of golden deliciousness.
This is my All Purpose Crumb Topping.
You can use it on anything and everything…
Facial Scrub..ok, not so much
The possibilities are endless.
My recipe makes enough to cover a 9 x 13 pan with a nice layer of crunch.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar,packed
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Table Salt
- 1 stick Butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the butter.
- With your hands, squish the butter into the flour/sugar mixture until it comes together.
- You will know it is thoroughly mixed when the mixture stays together when squeezed in your hands.
- Mix in the nuts if using.
- To add to your dish, Squeeze in your hands and then crumble on-top of your item.
- If baking something that takes longer than 30 minutes, after 30 minutes has elapsed, gently cover with foil to prevent over browning.