Who doesn’t love a Crock-Pot??
Crazy people, that’s who.
You know what a Crock-Pot is to me?
A life saver.
Seriously, we have some sort of activity 4-5 nights a week with baseball or gymnastics, so the fact that I can throw something in the Crock-Pot in the morning and have it ready when I get home is just heavenly.
Take this chicken, It’s cheap, serves my whole family, it’s delicious and I did it in the Crock-Pot.
Chicken, onions, garlic, butter herbs and chicken stock and YOUR DONE!
Crock-Pot also has some great recipes on their site. Go check them out for dinner ideas!
Also, their Crock-Stars Contest is Closed for entries, but starting on November 12th, you can go here and vote for your favorite!
Before Crock-Pot sent me this shiny new Crock-Pot, I had a different slow cooker, it was expensive..like ridiculously expensive, it rhymes with Nall-Flad. Well you know what, the ceramic liner cracked..just like the on-line reviews said. grrrrrrr.
Well the Crock-Pot has sooooo many glorious features that my previous one didnt have.
A read-out for Travel Temperature.
A locking lid for Travel.
“Warm” stays on for a long time after the cooking time!
- 1 5lb. Whole Chicken
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 tbsp Butter,room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, finly chopped
- 6 Fresh Sage Leaves, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Place the onions,garlic and chicken stock into the Crock-Pot.
- Remove chicken from package and remove giblet bag.
- Place the contents of the giblet bag into the Crock-Pot.(this will add flavor to the stock)
- Rinse and dry the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter,rosemary,sage,thyme,salt and pepper.
- Rub the entire chicken(concentrating on the top/breast side) with the butter herb mixture.
- Place chicken into the Crock-Pot and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and let rest for 10 minutes prior to cutting.
- Remove the onions and serve on the side if desired.
- Strain the juice the accumulated in the Crock-Pot into a large bowl and reserve the stock
Crock-Pot loves me and they love you too, because they want to give one of you a NEW CROCK-POT!!!
One winner will win the following
GIVEAWAY RULES ************CONTEST CLOSED***************
Contest ends Monday November 12, 2012 9 pm EST
Winner will be chosen by Random Org.com
Contest open to US residents only.
1.) Do you cook with a Slow Cooker?
(For EACH additional entry, you must leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH ADDITIONAL entry)
2.) Like THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Facebook
3.) Follow THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Twitter
4.) Tweet using this..Go visit @HungryHousewife for a Crock-Pot GIVEAWAY http://tinyurl.com/af7t3jq
5.) Post about this giveaway on your Facebook Page using this tag http://tinyurl.com/af7t3jq
6.) Subscribe to THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE via email.
7.) Like Crock-Pot on Facebook
And there you have it, a total of 7 entries for you.
*I was provided with a Crock-Pot, all opinions are mine, all mine!*