Tis’ the season for sharing right?
Well I have the cutest neighbors.
They are both in their 90’s
That’s a lot of life experience.
Anyways, they have their church friends over every other Thursday to play cards.
Everyone brings their own food, like half sandwiches in zip lock baggies and single servings of marshmallow salad. It’s quite funny.
I decided I wanted to make them a little treat, I have brought over baked goods before, but they always say, “They can’t eat sweets, because their sugars.” Diabetes I am suspecting.
I still wanted to share with my adorable little neighbors, so I made them Egg and Sausage Cups.
They were so delighted,surprised and ohhhhhhhh so very thankful.
Even though I just had to walk to my neighbors, these tasty little Egg, sausage and hash brown cups are easy to make and easy to transport.
These would be great for brunch.
Pat the hashbrowns into the prepared pan and bake.
Add cooked sausage
Top with egg and bake again…
Both Johnsonville and Ore-Ida have some great recipes on their sites worth checking out..
All ready for travel in my nifty insulated casserole carrier that Johnsonville gave me!
- 3 cups Ore-Ida Hash Browns (country Style shredded potatoes), thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Season Salt
- 4 Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage patties(original recipe) cooked and crumbled.
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ⅓ cup Green Onions, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre Heat oven to 400.
- Spray a muffin tin (12 ) with non-stick spray
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Ore-Ida hash browns, season salt and melted butter.
- Evenly distribute the hash browns among the 12 muffin cups (about ¼ cups per cup)
- Press Mixture onto the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Place sausage into cups(about 1 tablespoons in each cup).
- Place cheese into cups(one good pinch).
- Crack 1 egg into each cup.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Run a dull knife around the outside of the muffin cup to loosen it from the pan.
- Remove and top with chopped green onions
**Johnsonville and Ore-Ida provided me product and a gift card to create this recipe**