Ok. I know..I have recieved your emails.
I slacked on Favorite Things Thursday last week.
Sorry my lovelies, I was traveling.
And this week, I am prepping for our Halloween party.
So guess what? I’m a slacker today too. Next week, I’ll be back….pinky promise.
But you want to know what my Favorite Things are this week????
You all are my favorite things.
Without all of you who come here to my little site to read my rantings and recipes, I wouldn’t have the motivation to continue!!
So thank you to all of you, my favorite things!
I thought I would leave you with a scrumptious little recipe of mine that was just featured by the Southern Living Blog.
It’s an oldie but a goodie. (excuse the 2009 photo)
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ tsp coconut extract
- ⅛ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coconut
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl,melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments stirring in-between until smooth
- Add coconut and almond extract to chocolate . Mix well.
- Spread over a cookie sheet.
- Don’t worry about spreading it to the edges.
- Spread it however thick you want it to be.
- Sprinkle with almonds and coconut.
- Throw it in the fridge for 45 minutes to harden. And chop it up into shards when hard!
- This takes like 5 minutes to throw together and it is sooooooo very addicting!!!