Some might say it’s too hot to bake.
I say it’s never too hot to bake.
Sure, I live in Florida. But in Florida, central a/c is a MUST. So baking doesn’t heat my house.
Just crank down the air a bit…or turn on a fan..or bake naked.
You will be fine.
I know we are all guilty of buying too many bananas.
Then they get all nasty and the fruit flies start invading.
Just solve the problem and make banana bread.
You can make my normal Famous Banana Bread or my Chocolate Banana Bread.
This recipe makes TWO 8 x 4 loaves.
You can find a good 8 x 4 pan here
Or you might be able to find the Hefty EZ Foil Disposable Loaf Pans in an 8″ x 3 3/4″ at your grocery store.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅓ cup Buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large over ripe Bananas, Smooshed
- 6 oz. chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate or 6 oz.(1/2 bag) Chocolate Chips
- Pre heat oven t0 350.
- Lightly grease TWO 8in x 3¾in x 2½in pans or TWO 8″ x 4″ loaf pans.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla with hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk..(always start and end with the flour)
- Add bananas, and chocolate stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into both pans evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out of the center with only slight crumbs on it.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut with a serrated bread knife.