You can still find strawberries and blueberries in the store.
I highly suggest you go…like run to the store to pick some up.
I love love love desserts that are super easy and transportable. These tasty little tidbits would be perfect for your next Bunko party or book club. Or send them with your significant other to work like I did and get them out of the house so you don’t eat them all.
My friend Shelly made these scrumptious looking Strawberry and Cream bars and got my creative juices flowing.
Yum, right? I wanted something similar, but different.
So basically it all starts with a cake mix. With a side of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, berries and pecans…don’t forget the eggs to hold everything together.
- 1 box Yellow Cake mix
- ½ cup(1 stick) Butter, room temperature
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Pecans, chopped
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1½ cups sliced Strawberries
- 1½ cups Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick foil or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter and egg. This has the consistency of thick dough, so I recommend mixing it with your hands.
- Reserve 1 cup for topping and mix in the chopped pecans with the reserved dough.
- Pat the dough(without pecans) into the prepared pan, the layer will be thin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese,sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the partially baked crust.
- Evenly distribute straberries and blueberries over mixture.
- Crumble topping evenly over fruit.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Allow to cool completely.
- Refrigerate before cutting.